MASSHIRE MERRIMACK VALLEY WORKFORCE BOARD
POSITION VACANCY NOTICE
(OPEN TO IN AND OUT OF HOUSE CANDIDATES)
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: MassHire MVWB Deputy Director
Part-Time 18 Hours Per Week – Mutually agreed upon schedule.
No Health or Time Off Benefits
JOB GRADE: (non-union)
HIRING RANGE: $23 – $25 / Hour
Provides a variety of administrative functions to assist the Workforce Board (WB) staff with Board governance, resource development, clerical and programming support. Provides support to the Youth staff on youth programs. Ensures the accuracy of department files and materials; maintains highly confidential department files for the Agency.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Board Governance support:
- Assists the Executive Director in preparing the agenda and materials for all board and committee meetings. Posts meetings and sends materials.
- Takes meeting notes and redacts minutes.
- Works independently on special projects at the request of the WB Executive, Deputy Director or Fiscal Director which may include planning and coordinating multiple tasks and disseminating information.
- Assists with the development and implementation of planning documents.
Youth Department support:
- Greet all customers and respond to inquiries about the youth programs.
- Perform clerical duties such as answering phone calls, making copies, and filing.
- Enter data into various program platforms.
- Maintain a record of approved worksite/host-site applications.
- Assist program staff with youth job placements as needed.
- Interact with youth employers as needed.
- Supports proposal preparation through coordinating support letters and / or Memos of Understanding with partners employers and organizations.
- Assists in collating and sending funding proposals.
- Performs highly responsible administrative functions according to standard administrative procedures and conforms to standards.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director, WB Staff and the Board.
- Maintains the Master File System.
- Performs general clerical duties; answers telephones, photocopies, gathers correspondence and other documents, maintains supplies and orders supplies.
- Provides reporting function at all meetings, including posting of meetings.
- Communicate facilities requests to appropriate parties.
- Provides support to program managers to ensure efficient functioning of MMVWB workforce development programming. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in organizing customer paper files.
- Helping do customer data entry into MOSES and / or the program specific database.
- Process support service payments including reimbursements or payment to customers or providers.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
The preferred candidate will hold an Associate’s degree or equivalent. This may be substituted with five years of Administrative assistant experience, preferably in workforce development. Excellent organizational and communication skills. Knowledge of the role, function, and operation of a board of directors in a publicly funded organization. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with attention to detail. Must be computer literate and capable with Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be able to work well with minimal supervision, tight timelines and under pressure and respect the confidential nature required by the position. Experience with the MOSES system strongly preferred. Bilingual Spanish / English a plus.
POSTING DATE: February 25, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Closed
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Beverly Stopyra, Human Resources/Quality Assurance Manager
MassHire Merrimack Valley Workforce Board
255 Essex St., 4th Floor
Lawrence, MA 01840
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY