Download Job Opening
MASSHIRE MERRIMACK VALLEY WORKFORCE BOARD
POSITION VACANCY NOTICE
(OPEN TO IN AND OUT OF HOUSE CANDIDATES)
POSITION TITLE: YOUTH ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: MMVWB YOUTH WORKFORCE PROGRAM MANAGER
JOB GRADE: 3
The Youth Administrative Assistant is responsible for the provision of various administrative, clerical, data entry and other office functions relative to the operation of MassHire Merrimack Valley youth services, including Connecting Activities, YouthWorks, and WIOA Youth.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Provide all necessary word processing for staff.
- Receive all phone calls regarding inquiries and activities.
- Records and files necessary documents, correspondence, folders and other information.
- Maintains filing system.
- Reproduction and dissemination of materials assigned.
- Schedules meetings for department staff.
- Attends meetings and takes minutes when necessary. Copies and distributes minutes of meetings to appropriate staff, committee, etc.
- Perform other clerical and administrative support duties.
- Assist with data entry of participant information and record updates if requested during peak times.
- Will generate relevant participant information and reports.
- Will verify data for accuracy.
- Will cover front desk and receptionist duties as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School graduate or equivalent with strong business background required. Associates degree preferred. General knowledge of employment and training and education a plus. Excellent keyboarding skills, word processing and spreadsheet skills required. Keyboarding ability of 30 wpm required. Two years experience dealing with automated tracking system required with understanding of MOSES preferred. Demonstrated ability to interact with participants in a sensitive and supportive manner. Transportation and valid driver’s license required.
POSTING DATE: Tuesday, July 20, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, July 26, 2021
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Human Resources /Quality Assurance Manager
MassHire Merrimack Valley Workforce Board
255 Essex Street
Lawrence, MA 01840
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: