MASSHIRE MERRIMACK VALLEY WORKFORCE BOARD
POSITION VACANCY NOTICE
OPEN TO IN AND OUT OF HOUSE CANDIDATES
POSITION TITLE: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR
SUPERVISOR: MMVWB EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
JOB GROUP: Grade 6 – 35 Hours per Week
SALARY: Salary commensurate with experience
Under the direct supervision of the MassHire Merrimack Valley Workforce Board (MMVWB) Executive Director (ED) and with instruction from the Deputy Director (DD), the Information Technology Director will be responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of MMVWB IT functions, including the relocation of the MMVWB office. This position will direct all IT operations to meet user requirements, design, support and maintain existing applications, and develop new technical solutions.
The Information Technology Director will work to ensure that MassHire MVCC and MVWB accurately and timely records data entry in MOSES and is in compliance with all reporting requirements. Manage various databases, used by the MMVWB, including the fiscal staff accounting software, to capture and integrate various information to generate and distribute regular Adhoc reports. Coordinates efforts with staff members to maintain information systems for tracking and reporting all MMVWB managed programs and goals. Identify, evaluate, and implement technology solutions that aide in organizational development. Monitor the MassHire MVCC and MVWB to certify a system is in place that complies with Mass Executive Order 504 PII (Personally Identifiable Information) that protects confidential customer data within a reasonable parameter.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and upkeep the maintenance of the MassHire Merrimack Valley property log and property and equipment inventorying on a regular basis.
- Ensure the consistency of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Establish and maintain security of the IT system.
- Provide technical support (hardware/software) to MMVWB computers, networks, telecoms and mobile devices.
- Maintain and improve effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting information technology strategic plans.
- Participate on all hardware and software evaluations and maintain vendor contracts.
- Perform maintenance and backup to the server, personal computers and telephone system.
- Manage the technical and content aspects of the MMVWB Websites.
- Assist with the technical aspects of social networking websites such as, but not limited to Facebook, in order to help the MMVWB be more visible in the communities we serve.
- Design, support and maintain a swipe card system for the MMVWB new office location.
- Install, maintain backup, and troubleshoot the AMASE fiscal software system.
- Working with fiscal staff, modify and improve AMASE crystal reports.
- Support the fiscal staffs with the monthly, quarterly, and annual calendar/fiscal year activities
- Lead the MMVWB staffs with initiating, integrating, and developing online fiscal and program records.
- Provide ongoing solutions for electronic signatures on contractual and other documents that require signature.
- Ensure that the MassHire MVCC and MVWB develops IT policies and procedures based on State Level IT/MOSES Policy Issuances.
- Develop and implement best practices to conform with state IT Infrastructure as well as state IT Policies.
- Develop local network IT security and confidentiality policies and procedures
- Represent the MMVWB at State level IT/MOSES meetings.
- Attend IT Coordinator meetings to share network challenges, communicate ideas to better improve the network and to maintain an IT system that is current and is in-line with Federal and State requirements and other Massachusetts Workforce Investment Areas.
- Attend MOSES Crystal Reports User Group (CRUG) meetings and implement improved report design.
- Attend MOSES user group meetings and MOSES advanced training session and serve as a MOSES Local Expert (MLE).
- Manage and troubleshoot MMVWB staff MOSES issues.
- Provide MOSES support and training to new and existing staff.
- Maintain MOSES to assure the MassHire MVCC and MVWB is accurately and timely recording customer data and are in compliance with all reporting requirements.
- Evaluate reports for data entry consistency and accuracy and distribute to ED and DD.
- Create, analyze and distribute a series of regular periodic reports that conform to WIOA and other grant funded participant reporting requirements. A version of these reports will be provided at Board and Planning/Career Center Committee meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Budget for computer equipment and supplies and provide recommendations relative to equipment status and requirements.
- Work with the fiscal staffs on procurement and purchasing of office supplies, services, equipment, and professional service contracts.
- Maintain, diagnose and resolve network backbone equipment (Servers, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Wireless Access Points and SonicWALL Firewall).
- Maintain, diagnose and resolve network backbone software (Citrix, VPN, Remote Access, Email, Backups as well as local and cloud-based services)
- Preserve data by implementing disaster recovery back-up procedures, information security (IS) and control structures.
- Setup and maintain an Office 365 electronic communications environment, SharePoint intranet, web-based Microsoft products and online Exchange services.
- Coordinate the AWS network environment with MassHire Department of Career Services.
- Assist with MMVWB monitoring and other workforce initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director level staff.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred but can be substituted with ten years of data management experience. Knowledge of the AMASE fiscal accounting software and MOSES Statewide data base system preferred. Ability to detect, analyze and resolve computer software and network problems. Experience in coordination and implementation of computer and peripheral systems, to include planning, specifications development, purchasing, installation, training, troubleshooting, and repair. Previous knowledge of MS Windows Servers including, Active Directory, Exchange, and Office 365. Knowledge of computer hardware maintenance and repair. Experience with inter-agency operation of federally funded Education and Training programs preferred. Demonstrated experience in the installation and management of Local Area Networks, TCP/IP, network security, antivirus, and anti-spam technologies. Knowledge of national databases and SQL is necessary. Previous experience with Crystal Reports preferred. Capable of working with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills necessary. Remains current in the utilization of technology in the field by attending training sessions, seminars, and workshops. Occasionally, weeknights and Saturday hours may be required.
POSTING DATE: September 16, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until filled
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO: Beverly Stopyra, Human Resources /Quality Assurance Manager, MassHire Merrimack Valley Workforce Board, 255 Essex Street, Lawrence, MA 01840
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER
AND RESUME TO: email@example.com
– EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY-
Click here to download the job description in pdf: MassHire MVWB Director of Information Technology